Genworth completed their 2015 survey on the cost of care in Texas. As you might imagine, it keeps getting more expensive every year for nursing homes and assisted living throughout Texas. Here are the results for Houston:
- average annual cost of a Houston nursing home is $54,933;
- average annual cost of a Houston assisted living facility is $43,500;
- average annual cost of a home health aide in Houston is $44,616.
- average annual cost of a Dallas nursing home is $56,940;
- average annual cost of a Dallas assisted living facility is $46,722;
- average annual cost of a health aide in Dallas is $43,472.
In San Antonio:
- average annual cost of a San Antonio nursing home is $51,830;
- average annual cost of a San Antonio assisted living facility is $47,100;
- average annual cost of a health aide in San Antonio is $45,760.
The statewide average annual nursing home cost was $57,064 the last time the HHSC collected that data which is over 12 months old now.
Those are averages so you will find some facilities that are more expensive and some facilities that are less expensive; however, either way you slice it that is still a lot of money that very few people can afford for more than a couple months.
If your family does not have the assets or the income to keep up with these kinds of growing costs of care then I may be able to help your loved one qualify for nursing home benefits under the Texas Medicaid program and if you’re smart you may not have to give up all your assets. I help families throughout all of Texas get the nursing home care they need for their parent or spouse without going broke doing it. Take a look at some recent examples and contact me today to get started.